Crazy Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1 Hey Guys! Welcome to the blog! This blog is to describe our journey on our crazy leap of faith! Get ready to join the rollercoaster ride, and see how God can take two very ordinary people and completely reshape them and mold them to completely trust in Him in ALL things!

Name:
Location: Pineville, KY

I'm originally from CA, consider my hometown to be Shelbyville, KY but am currently residing in Pineville, KY. I love hanging out with my kiddos and Dan, the city, the ocean, taking hiking trips in the mountains, being around my closest friends, and watching a good chick flick! More than anything though, I love praising and worshiping our Savior Jesus Christ. It is a mystery to me, why He chooses and wants to use me?!?! He is so amazing!

Friday, August 14, 2009

History

Hey Guys! Welcome to our blog!!

For a while this may seem like a timeline of events that are happening in our lives right now, because, well, it's all happening so crazy fast, that I like to include the dates.

Let me catch you up to speed up to this point:
Earlier this year God called us to attend Southeast Christian Church, which for those of you who don't know, is a mega church located in Louisville, KY. It's huge! Dan and I have always grown up in little country churches and never dreamed of being in such a large church. But none the less, we obeyed His call and joined Southeast. I had this crazy feeling that God was up to something big. I was thinking more along the lines of Dan becoming a youth pastor at Southeast; boy was I in for a surprise.

The timeline Begins:
In mid spring of 09 God put the call on Dan to pursue an education so he could be in the ministry full time. This was all possible now due to him being laid off in early February, now his schedule was freed up. Immediately, Dan began looking into Boyce Bible College located near Downtown Louisville. It was a perfect plan, move to Louisville, go to Boyce, keep my wonderful job, and continue going to Southeast.

On June 18th I had lunch with a wonderful sister in Christ, who I don't get to see much so it's always great to hang out with her. She's one of those people who God just absolutely shines through and during our lunch together God convicted me of not having enough joy and passion for Him and I also felt conviction about living a comfortable life style for so many years. I don't even think Hannah realized that God was speaking through her. On my way home I felt so convicted that before going to pick up my kids I went home and just cried and prayed to God. Refreshing my walk with Him and giving Him my all. During this time with God, I couldn't help but think of the new Mathew West song Motions, and the Not A F.A.N. series that Kyle Idleman preached on at Southeast. (you should totally look the series up online at notafan.com, you can watch the sermons on line. Also check out Kyle's Sermon "Upside Down Way of Jesus" which kicked off the Not A Fan series! I want to be one those people who gives up everything for His glory.

All I have to say is be careful what you ask for. You may just get it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home