Crazy Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1 Hey Guys! Welcome to the blog! This blog is to describe our journey on our crazy leap of faith! Get ready to join the rollercoaster ride, and see how God can take two very ordinary people and completely reshape them and mold them to completely trust in Him in ALL things!

Name:
Location: Pineville, KY

I'm originally from CA, consider my hometown to be Shelbyville, KY but am currently residing in Pineville, KY. I love hanging out with my kiddos and Dan, the city, the ocean, taking hiking trips in the mountains, being around my closest friends, and watching a good chick flick! More than anything though, I love praising and worshiping our Savior Jesus Christ. It is a mystery to me, why He chooses and wants to use me?!?! He is so amazing!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Praise in the Suffering

A good friend is on my mind today. She is going through some persuction at her job for Jesus' name. I say, "Praise God!" for we know that we should rejoice when we suffer for His Name!

“Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.” ~ 1 Peter 4:12-16

“Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit” ~ 1 Peter 3:13-18

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and good name in the sight God and man." ~Proverbs 3:3-4

The Bible considers us "aliens in this world" (1 Peter 2:11). It's so great to be happy that people look at you as "different". If they didn't, something wouldn't be right! If you fit into the world and with lost people, you may want to take a look at your relationship with Christ.

Sometimes, I so wish I was allowed to preach! I’m getting’ all fired as I type this up! Na, maybe I don’t want all that responsibility, but this is good stuff! ;) I so need to be in women's ministry!!! - Maybe one day.....?!?!

To my dear friend and sister in Christ, I love you and am so proud of you!! Remain strong and steadfast! May God be with you!

"Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." ~Joshua 1:8-9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home