Crazy Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1 Hey Guys! Welcome to the blog! This blog is to describe our journey on our crazy leap of faith! Get ready to join the rollercoaster ride, and see how God can take two very ordinary people and completely reshape them and mold them to completely trust in Him in ALL things!

Name:
Location: Pineville, KY

I'm originally from CA, consider my hometown to be Shelbyville, KY but am currently residing in Pineville, KY. I love hanging out with my kiddos and Dan, the city, the ocean, taking hiking trips in the mountains, being around my closest friends, and watching a good chick flick! More than anything though, I love praising and worshiping our Savior Jesus Christ. It is a mystery to me, why He chooses and wants to use me?!?! He is so amazing!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

I PROMISE....

A major update is coming soon. I AM SO SORRY of how badly I have been slacking with this thing. There is a TON of stuff that I have been wanting to update everyone on, but just haven't really had much time to do so. Dan has a few night classes during the week, so the laptop hasn't been home with me lately. It's becoming more and more difficult to regularly update this thing.

Here are some updates that I can share w/o pictures - as yes, I'm at work typing this up. :/ Gotta find time somehow, right?

Well, Zachary was baptized on November 14th! It was incredible! Dan was able to baptize him, which made it even more incredible because this was Dan's first baptism! It was precious! I am so proud of Zachary and Dan! I hope to get video on here soon. I will never forget that day!

Thanksgiving and Christmas were wonderful! We went home for both holidays this year. It was so great seeing everyone and we had a very good time! I took an extra day off work for Black Friday, so Dan and I were up at the crack of dawn and went shopping in Louisville! It was such a fun day! Dan and I don't get too many breaks away from the kids, work, and school anymore, so this time with my husband was wonderful! We shopped until about lunch time and everything we bought was on sale and we got everything on our list that we were hoping to get! It was a very accomplished shopping day!


Dan completed his first J Term in January and passed it with an A! YAY for Dan! Super proud of him! Now he's in full swing into this semester and is doing great! He's gotten ahead this semester by completing assignments early that were on his syllabus. He's really enjoying this semester so far!

The boys are doing great also! They are getting so big and so grown up! Zachary is still doing great in school and he's now playing basketball with a league at his elementary school. It's hilarious watching these little guys play! They are all so clueless about the game! It's great! Nicholas is really beginning to grow up a lot. I think he's pretty much completely out of the toddler stage. Which is kind of a relief for us honestly - his temper tantrums have pretty much gone away!! Man, this little guy could throw them too! He's really calmed down a lot in recent months. I think 4 is going to be a good age!


As for me, well... one HUGE update that I've been dieing to get on here is......... I AM PREGNANT!!!! AHHH!!! YES! Totally prego! I've been to the doctor a few times now and so far all is good! I had my first ultrasound at 7 weeks, and we heard the heartbeat at that time. It was at 161. Oh what a beautiful sound! I'll never take it for granted again, that's for sure! At my last appointment we heard it again and it was 131. It made me a bit nervous that it was so much lower, but the nurse assured me that all was fine that it was higher at 7 weeks because we heard it through the ultrasound which picks it up more. Now I am 12 1/2 weeks and still feeling extremely tired and staying pretty sick, pretty much ALL the time. (Another reason for the slacking on the blog - just so you know!)

Dan and I began trying for a baby pretty much right after we lost Thomas. We lost him in May and as soon as we got the ok from the dr, we began trying for another baby. After months of negative pregnancy tests, finally one came up positive! At the beginning of December, we discovered that we were expecting! It was an amazing moment for me. I had a really bad cold - which later I discovered was actually the flu - and I needed to take some medicine. Before taking any medicine, I had this strange feeling to take a test, just in case. Not expecting at all to be pregnant, because honestly, at this point I had become a bit discouraged about becoming pregnant again because it was taking a while to become pregnant. But anyways, on my lunch break I ran to the store, bought some meds and bought a test. Went into the women's restroom at work and to my sweet unexpected surprise, there were two terrific, wonderful lines that appeared!!!! Oh my goodness! My soul just leaped! I began crying! Laughing! Thanking God out loud! Saying, "Oh! My God!" repeating over and over again! I must have stayed in that bathroom for like 20 minutes just in awe! Well, I didn't take the medicine! And as soon as I got home that day I shared the wonderful news with Dan. We both cried, prayed, and just took in the sweet moment together.

Over the next several weeks, I became very nervous about being pregnant. It was so strange. Even though this had been exactly what we had been praying for for months, this overwhelming fear came over me. After the initial excitement of discovering that I was pregnant, all of a sudden this fear just took over all excitement that was in me. I did not ever want to go through the pain and heartache of loosing another child ever again. Now that I'm getting farther along, I am more excited again than I am nervous. I think I'll feel completely better after I pass that 18 week mark. But the thoughts of the 18 week ultrasound just freezes me in fear again. So. I try to just not think about it.

I am due on August 17th! People are already asking us if we hope for a girl this time. My answer is always, "I don't care what we have. I just want a baby!" But I am looking forward to knowing for sure what we're having! If it's a girl her name will be Brittany Elizabeth - named after a former youth of ours who is very dear to us, Brittany Lee Austin! If it's a boy, we like the name Bryson, but we're not completely sold on it yet.

haaa, well, the major update is finally on here! I promise, I will try very hard to update with some pictures and Zachary's baptism video soon.

Until next time.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs.A said...

Congratulations!! Praying for a healthy baby! :)

February 4, 2011 at 8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole I'm soooo Happy for you! Congrats! Praying for you and the baby daily. I'm no longer at the bank. My email is cdohn88@hotmail.com. Have a blessed day! Carla Hoffie

February 4, 2011 at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home