Crazy Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1 Hey Guys! Welcome to the blog! This blog is to describe our journey on our crazy leap of faith! Get ready to join the rollercoaster ride, and see how God can take two very ordinary people and completely reshape them and mold them to completely trust in Him in ALL things!

Name:
Location: Pineville, KY

I'm originally from CA, consider my hometown to be Shelbyville, KY but am currently residing in Pineville, KY. I love hanging out with my kiddos and Dan, the city, the ocean, taking hiking trips in the mountains, being around my closest friends, and watching a good chick flick! More than anything though, I love praising and worshiping our Savior Jesus Christ. It is a mystery to me, why He chooses and wants to use me?!?! He is so amazing!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

General Randomness!

I have many scattered thoughts that I would like to share so...

MmMm...

Last weekend was a great weekend! Friday night was a relaxing night at home with the boys. They are both really into this pregnancy! I often ask them if they want a baby brother or a baby sister. Nicholas always responds by saying, "he wants a baby sister because he already has a brother." Zachary has responded in a couple different ways. One, saying, "he wants a baby sister so that he doesn't have another annoying baby brother!" This response always throws me off just a bit coming from him because he has always been such a good big brother towards Nicholas and they hardly ever fight. I think it may be his age! The other response is, "I want a baby sister because I already have two brothers." :( (Referring to Thomas Spencer). I thought it was sweet!

We received our first nursery gift from one of the kids in our Children's Church. Autumn is 7 and she gave us two of those little shakeable globe thingies. One is blue and green, the other is pink and purple. Nicholas will often run to the spare bedroom and grab them and shake them in front of my belly to show the baby his/her gifts from Autumn!! I LOVE IT!! Nicholas is so sincere as he is doing it and he is so sweet! All of the kids in Children's Church say I must have a little girl!

Saturday, we came to Shelbyville to drop Nicholas off at Nanny and PaPaws. Spring Break has started for Dan and Clear Creek is shut down for the week. Other than the Physical Plant - where Dan works. We had no child care for the week, so Nicholas is hanging out with Nanny and PaPaw - and I miss him dearly! Can't wait to have him back home with us.

Saturday night we ate the salad bar at Cattleman's (YUM!!!) and we were able to attend church at SECC!!! Man, how we miss our home church! We ended up running into a couple of our really good friends whom we had not seen since we moved to Clear Creek. It was so great seeing them again! After hanging out in the cafe for a bit, we headed back home to Pineville.

We spent the day shopping in Kingsport on Sunday in between church! It was a beautiful day outside and of course, shopping is always fun!

People have been asking me for a few weeks what I'm craving during this pregnancy, and up until last week I wasn't really craving anything specifically. But. I have found it!! STRAWBERRIES! Blueberries! Cantaloupe! Plums! Nectarines! Mmmmm... YUM.MO! I can't get enough of this stuff! Especially strawberries. I stock up quite often from the local farmer's market!

Dan has registered for next semester's classes, and Lord willing, we may be completed with CCBBC in one year to a year and a half!!! A little earlier than planned - no complaints here! Dan and I are SO ready to leave this area. In recent weeks, we have gotten a major passion for leaving this area! We often have been daydreaming about the possibilities that God may call us to.... Seminary in Louisville - awesome!!, Seminary in Dallas, TX - that would be pretty cool! Coming back home to Shelbyville and working on a youth conference?!?! Being on staff at SECC?!?! Seminary in Wake Forest, NC?!?! Puerto Rico for deaf ministry?? Mission work in Guatemala??? Awe... the possibilities! I can't wait to see where the Lord leads us to next. Stay tuned in the coming months!

I think I may have shared with some, that God has called us to adopt a deaf child in the coming years! We're thinking when we're about 30 - our hearts are really with a Chinese baby, but we've not received confirmation on that yet. We have started to take sign language classes and it. is. hard.! Signing to music and speaking in sign language are two totally different things! I have signed to music since I was a teenager and I taught it to our youth groups of the past, but trying to communicate in it is much more difficult than I anticipated. We've got a long way to go if we're adopting a hearing impaired child in four years! Lord be with us! :)

Well, I think I'm done blabbering randomness! I hope you guys all have a very blessed day! Love and miss everyone dearly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home