Crazy Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1 Hey Guys! Welcome to the blog! This blog is to describe our journey on our crazy leap of faith! Get ready to join the rollercoaster ride, and see how God can take two very ordinary people and completely reshape them and mold them to completely trust in Him in ALL things!

Name:
Location: Pineville, KY

I'm originally from CA, consider my hometown to be Shelbyville, KY but am currently residing in Pineville, KY. I love hanging out with my kiddos and Dan, the city, the ocean, taking hiking trips in the mountains, being around my closest friends, and watching a good chick flick! More than anything though, I love praising and worshiping our Savior Jesus Christ. It is a mystery to me, why He chooses and wants to use me?!?! He is so amazing!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

To Devon:

Priceless Moments

I was a nervous wreck when you called me into your office on a July day. Anxious to hear back from our interview together. You totally messed with me and told me “I have good new and bad news. The good news is you got the job!!!!” I was so thrilled! I sat in your office beaming with joy, crying and laughing. I will never forget that day when our crazy journey began!

You started me off slowly, knowing I was incredibly shy and terrified of speaking in front of people. Our first training together was working with Money Gram at Nuestro Banco, then also working with a few other branches and letting me go on my own to train Wal-Mart, Downtown, and Main Office. I remember how nervous I was, but you were always there encouraging me and pushing me out of my comfort zone. (You’re good at that!)

We also traveled to Dupont to train the staff on Steller! I remember how much I enjoyed that because the line was my specialty. Plus I got to meet some people who I may have never gotten to know other wise.

My first big training with you was CUB’s Product Training. It’s so funny looking back on that training because knowing what we know now about training, CUB’s Product Training (sorry) was so lame!! You and I standing in front of the Community Room with 50 people just talking the entire time. BORING! (Man we’ve come a long way since then!)

We have had some of the most hysterical moments also. One of my first days in the department I was loading our cart with snacks and drinks. The drinks fell off the cart, began rolling down the Main Office parking lot, and I begin chasing the drinks, in heels. Meanwhile, without knowing, the cart begins rolling down the sidewalk and slams into a customer’s car! I freak out, look around to see if anyone saw the mini chaos, gather the items together, check the car for a dent (there wasn’t one, thank God!) and get the heck out of there!

I can remember times that you and I would laugh so hard that it hurt! Us meeting in the Simpsonville Training Room and I was trying to adjust my chair when it suddenly flung me forward and broke! I think we laughed over that for an hour. Laughter over a joke, a sibling/child story, a trip or a fall, a clumsy moment, moments when our cart was completely overloaded and it would all tumble over, or moments when our arms were completely overloaded and we looked ridiculous carrying all those items. (We sure are overloaded a lot!)

Our first Costco trip when we had four huge carts overflowing and then we pull up in Mickey’s small itty bitty car! The look on that woman’s face was priceless!! Making two trips just to fit it all in! Then driving back to Shelbyville, not even being able to see out of any windows other than the front ones, talking about how we could get pulled over for this, then you telling me you don’t have your driver’s license on you and I totally go in freak out mode, because I’m such a “nerd” like that! I’ll never forget all the stares we got driving down interstate! We laughed the whole way back to Shelbyville. Aww… Priceless!

Deciding to take a trip to Downtown Louisville to look for a place to hold our 2009 Employee Development Conference, we get off the wrong exit in the ghetto. Two white girls, lost, in the wrong part of town. We finally make our way back on interstate and head to Fourth Street for lunch. Mexican food sounded good and decided to go into this one “restaurant” TENGO SED CANTINA, even though we had no idea what that restaurant name was, we knew it was Mexican. We walk in, while you were on your cell, and right away, I notice something isn’t right. I see a walkway with poles on it! We sit, and then you notice the poles! We begin thinking, “what kind of place is this?!?!” None the less, we begin looking through our menus and notice there is no food! Only like nachos and stuff. You call Chris Dittz to have the name of the place translated. It stands for ANGEL BAR!! It’s a strip club!! We paid an outrageous, ridiculous amount for a small coke and chips and salsa and left!! Another priceless moment!

It’s been amazing to know that everyday when I come into work, I will have a good laugh about something. I have loved having a supervisor who doesn’t mind being silly and who allows me to be silly and not feel stupid!

I also look back at just the every day life as a trainer. Lugging, loading, setting up drinks and snacks; setting up, taking down, rearranging tables and chairs; sweating, hair going flat, feeling gross moments before a training; vacuuming!; putting together 330 almonds thingies!; setting up, tearing down for conferences; countless practices / run-throughs for trainings; running for more ice, running for more water, running for more cups. Aww… Life as a Trainer is wonderful.

Together we have done:
2 Steller Trainings for Dupont; 3 Product Trainings for FFB; 5 Money Gram Trainings; 4 Teller Seminars; 2 thirteen week FPU Classes; 1 thirteen week Community FPU Class; 15 sessions of Customer Service Training; 4 sessions of FFB Customer Service; 9 New Hire Trainings; 2 Employees Development Conferences; 9 Buzz Sessions; 2 Train the Trainer Sessions; 13 Product Trainings; 6 Non U.S. Persons; 18 Platform Trainings; 2 Sessions of Time Management Training; 57 sessions of Sales Training; and 12 Teller Trainings. Now, granted we may not have been the ones who actually spoke at some of these trainings, we were the ones to prepare, set up, tear down and be there for each and every one! WoW!

We have also driven together over 4,012.22 miles!! Dude, we could’ve gone to San Diego on that! (with 1,133.04 miles to spare!)

With the freedom you gave me and with your encouragement and with taking a chance, you allowed me to create Teller Professionalism, EDC 2009, Customer Service 2009, revamp New Hire Training, add creativity to Financial Peace University, hold FPU for the Community, Harassment Training 2009 and allowed me to discover a wonderful gift that God has given me to brainstorm and create! Now that is priceless! Thank you!

We sure have been on an amazing, priceless journey!

Through out the two years you have taught me so much. I can’t even begin to explain how incredibly grateful I am for your leadership and guidance that you have shown me and taught me. You have shown me what it means to be strong even in difficult times and how to be brave even when I don’t want to be. You have pushed me out of my comfort zone only to show me that I could do what I never thought would be possible.

Thank you for always being there! Thank you for teaching me what the big words mean! J Thank you for making me see and teaching me the “big picture” way of doing things! Thank you for always believing in me! Thank you for taking chances with me! Thank you for showing me what real management is supposed to look like! Thank you for making me laugh and smile everyday! Thank you for allowing me to spread my wings and soar like an eagle! Thank you for trusting me! Thank you for being trust worthy! Thank you for creating a stress free work place! Thank you for listening and caring! Thank you for always having my back! Thank you for creating an atmosphere of open and honest communication! Thank you for making work so enjoyable that it’s more like a hobby than it is work! Thank you for your support! Thank you for your encouragement! Thank you for teaching me! Thank you for challenging me and pushing me out of my comfort zone!

Thank you for all the priceless moments that are now life long memories!

That is more than a supervisor. That is a life long friend whom I will forever cherish!

I’ll miss you and love ya bunches!!!

~Nicole
Jeremiah 29:11
Joshua 1:8-9

1 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

You two are hilarious!!! Angel Bar!!! oh My Gosh!!! I am lmbo!!!!! Those are some priceless memories!! Thanks for sharing!

September 1, 2009 at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home