Crazy Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1 Hey Guys! Welcome to the blog! This blog is to describe our journey on our crazy leap of faith! Get ready to join the rollercoaster ride, and see how God can take two very ordinary people and completely reshape them and mold them to completely trust in Him in ALL things!

Name:
Location: Pineville, KY

I'm originally from CA, consider my hometown to be Shelbyville, KY but am currently residing in Pineville, KY. I love hanging out with my kiddos and Dan, the city, the ocean, taking hiking trips in the mountains, being around my closest friends, and watching a good chick flick! More than anything though, I love praising and worshiping our Savior Jesus Christ. It is a mystery to me, why He chooses and wants to use me?!?! He is so amazing!

Monday, September 27, 2010

I Was SO Excited....

About making Homemade Tomato Soup! The recipe seemed so simple and fairly quick too. To begin, the recipe called for 3 lbs of tomatoes with 8 oz of water in a big pot. Done. Allow tomatoes to stew for 30 minutes to allow the peelings to fall off. Drain. (all that should be left in the strainer are the peelings and seeds.) WRONG!! Try - instead of 30 minutes - 2 HOURS! And peelings and seeds in the strainer? Nope! Try big ol' chunks of smashed tomatoes. Full of frustration I decide to throw it all in a blender - I figured I could just mix and smooth out the peelings, right? Well, great idea, until I filled the blender too full only for the pressure of all the chunks to blow the top off and my smashed tomato stuff goes flying all over me and my kitchen!!! By this time, I am just furious! Almost in tears because I was so excited about making my homemade tomato soup and it's becoming just a huge mess - literally! After cleaning up my mess, it's time to blend in smaller portions and add my 1/2 cup of chopped onion and my 1/2 cup of chopped celery. However, my onion and celery was not chopped. Noooo, I minced it. So my 1/2 cup of celery and onion was probably more like 1 cup to a cup and a half of onion and celery. - Not realizing this until Dan and I tasted it :/ It was the grossest thing that has ever hit my taste buds. We had this horrible onion taste in our mouths for the rest of the day. UGH!
So. In total: My 30 Minute Homemade Tomato Soup turned into a total of 3 HOURS! It tasted horrible. I wasted my entire Saturday afternoon. I was very frustrated and disappointed. I cried. Dan hugged me and said it was all okay! - Thanks Babe! And that night to make myself feel better (at like 9:00!!) I made a homemade lasagna for the first time! At around 11:00 that night I tried a piece (and made Dan also!) and IT WAS GREAT!! I shouted, "HA! I AM STILL A GOOD COOK!!!"



Homemade Tomato Soup can bite me!!! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home