Crazy Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1 Hey Guys! Welcome to the blog! This blog is to describe our journey on our crazy leap of faith! Get ready to join the rollercoaster ride, and see how God can take two very ordinary people and completely reshape them and mold them to completely trust in Him in ALL things!

Name:
Location: Pineville, KY

I'm originally from CA, consider my hometown to be Shelbyville, KY but am currently residing in Pineville, KY. I love hanging out with my kiddos and Dan, the city, the ocean, taking hiking trips in the mountains, being around my closest friends, and watching a good chick flick! More than anything though, I love praising and worshiping our Savior Jesus Christ. It is a mystery to me, why He chooses and wants to use me?!?! He is so amazing!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Beginning to Feel Better

I had an awesome quiet time with the Lord last night! Here is what He taught me...

Psalm 55:16 ~ But I call to God, and the Lord saves me.

Psalm 55:22a ~ Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you.

Isaiah 41:10 ~ So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

I love the thought of intimacy of the Lord holding me in His hand!

Isaiah 41:13 ~ For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Matthew 6:33 - 34 ~ But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 7:7; 7:11 ~ Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him!

Philippians 4:6-7 ~ Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 5:6-11 ~ Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

I really liked the verses in 1 Peter. Think about it. For me this is what the Lord spoke to me through the verses. After we lost Thomas, Dan and I prayed daily together that God would bless us with another baby. Well here we are. He has given exactly what we asked of Him and the devil is prowling around stealing my joy, faith and excitement. I need to resist him and stand firm in the Lord during this time!

Isaiah 35:4a ~ Say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear."

He left me with this before going to sleep last night....

Psalm 4:8 ~ I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

I slept so good last night! And in the past couple days, I've been feeling more movement from the baby! Thank You Lord! And thanks to all of you for your continued love and prayers! I'll update again on Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home