Crazy Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1 Hey Guys! Welcome to the blog! This blog is to describe our journey on our crazy leap of faith! Get ready to join the rollercoaster ride, and see how God can take two very ordinary people and completely reshape them and mold them to completely trust in Him in ALL things!

Name:
Location: Pineville, KY

I'm originally from CA, consider my hometown to be Shelbyville, KY but am currently residing in Pineville, KY. I love hanging out with my kiddos and Dan, the city, the ocean, taking hiking trips in the mountains, being around my closest friends, and watching a good chick flick! More than anything though, I love praising and worshiping our Savior Jesus Christ. It is a mystery to me, why He chooses and wants to use me?!?! He is so amazing!

Friday, September 4, 2009

Sorry Guys

Ok, ok, ok. I can feel all the strangles here! Sorry I haven't posted ALL week. I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, things have just been extremly hectic!

So, here we are. In Pineville. I am so more homesick than I imagined I would be. Really missing just being around people I know.

For some reason, I thought satan's attacks would end once we were here. Boy, was I in for a shock! I have to admit, I was becoming pretty bitter. (Partly why I haven't been blogging) I am becoming more and more worried and afraid due to the fact that neither one of us have yet to find work. I've even applied to Pizza Hut and McDonalds. Nothin'. I'm finding myself, instead of running to Him for comfort, I'm turning away from Him. Why? I'm allowing the evil one to have a foothold in my life and I've gotta quit!

We've just finished up a campus revival last night. And it was incredible. God finally broke me. I'm not gonna lie, I'm still struggling, but I feel peace again.

The pastor of the revival was Rock Collins. I have never heard preaching like this. There was some true shoutin'! It was great! Let me tell you a bit about Wednesday night.

2 Timothy 1-4
You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs - he wants to please his commanding officer.

WOW! Verse 3 really hit me hard. Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. Am I being a good soldier? I think not.

Satan will use hardship to discourage us. Christ will use it to mold and shape us and prepare us! So DON'T QUIT!! Hold ON! PRESS ON!

Acts 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

I think about Paul's suffering. 2 Corinthians 11:23-29
Are they servants of Christ? I am out of my mind to talk like this. I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, have been exposed to death again and again. Five times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. Besides everything else, I face daily pressure of my concern for all the churches. Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?

I thought I was suffering?!? I've never been flogged. I've never been shipwrecked. I've never gone without a meal. Our money is running out, but it's not out yet. We still have plenty of food. Get plenty of sleep. I have recieved nothing but support through this whole journey. How selfish am I to be whimpering and whining.

You will never please the Lord if you don't live by faith. You've got to step out! HE IS ABLE! I don't know what He has planned for us, but by gosh, I know that He is able! And that's enough for me! When He calls, you just gotta go, cause He is able!

Man, Bro. Rock even preached on finances! God was just hitting me all over!

It was an amazing sermon!

Last night was incredible too. The sermon was on praising God. When was the last time you praised Him as if He was coming today? So afraid to open your eyes thinking He was right there in front of you? Man, I surely don't worship like that.

Read Psalm 150! Amazing!

After the service people just got up and started testifying! It was so awesome! We were there until 11 PM!!! I have never experianced a service like last night.

It's been a very tough week. God has a wonderful way of refreshing your spirit!

Thanks for all the prayers! Love and miss you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home