Crazy Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1 Hey Guys! Welcome to the blog! This blog is to describe our journey on our crazy leap of faith! Get ready to join the rollercoaster ride, and see how God can take two very ordinary people and completely reshape them and mold them to completely trust in Him in ALL things!

Name:
Location: Pineville, KY

I'm originally from CA, consider my hometown to be Shelbyville, KY but am currently residing in Pineville, KY. I love hanging out with my kiddos and Dan, the city, the ocean, taking hiking trips in the mountains, being around my closest friends, and watching a good chick flick! More than anything though, I love praising and worshiping our Savior Jesus Christ. It is a mystery to me, why He chooses and wants to use me?!?! He is so amazing!

Friday, October 21, 2011

I Can't Believe it's been A Month

Since I've last posted. I have a TON to catch you guys up on. Everything from a camping trip, mastitis, returning to work, dr appointments, and of course random kiddo stuff!

MmMmM... where to begin. Well the days flew by on my maternity leave and I am now back to work. :( It's not been an easy adjustment at all. Actually, it really sucks. I've been back a week and a half now. Everyday I tend to cry, because of missing the boys, or worrying about them Bryson is not taking a bottle very well at the day care. He is only taking about an ounce to two ounces every 3 hours. His perfect little routine that we had going is completely messed up now. He was sleeping through the night at 7 weeks, now that's all shot. And, the boys have been in day care their first full week as of today, and they are both now sick. UGH!! Nicholas and Bryson both have dr appointments for later this afternoon. I also tend to stay much more stressed out now that I'm back at work. I come home to rush with dinner, clean up from dinner, help with homework, give baths and try to straighten up the house as much as possible. The house is a wreck from camping. Camping totes are still piled in my living room and laundry is still behind. I'm frustrated that I'm not home during the day anymore to take care of the home duties and to keep it nice and tidy.

Yep, being back at work really bites. My heart longs to be at home raising my kiddos and doing the whole stay at home mom thing. I miss being on campus during the day. To take walks, hang out with other moms. Pick Zachary up from school. Run errands if needed. Go to chapel with Dan. Clean house. Have meals ready when needed. Hang at the library. Have Bible studies with the kids after school.

I didn't think returning back to work would be this difficult. It wasn't this hard with Zachary and Nicholas. Please remember me in your prayers as I adjust. Also please keep the boys in your prayers as they adjust as well. Especially Bryson. Also, it would be nice -Lord willing- that our budget could perhaps adjust for me to be at home again. ;)

WoW! Didn't mean to get into that soap box! Sorry. But thanks for letting me vent a bit!

Now on to more fun and exciting updates!

Dan had fall break the first week of October, and it was my first time off during his break, so we took full advantage and got away for the week. (It was also our 8th wedding anniversary during that week!) We decided to go camping! We really wanted to go somewhere different, but we decided to go to Elk Corn in Frankfort, KY. It was nice because we wanted to go out for our anniversary, and this way we had plenty of grandparents to watch the kiddos for us! We had planned to camp Tuesday - Friday morning. Unfortunately, camping was cut short.... Wednesday I came down with mastitis. This is an infection with flu like symptoms that you can get while breastfeeding. OH MY GOODNESS... this is possibly the sickest I have ever been and the worst thing I have ever felt. IT WAS HORRIBLE! I hated how is happened while we were camping too. Wednesday, we were walking back to our campsite from the playground, and I felt the "let down" sensation to feed Bryson. Although, it was much more painful than normal and I almost dropped Bryson out of my arms. I fed him, but instead of feeling relief, the pain just got worse. WAY worse. Later that evening, I had a fever of 103, horrible chills, shortness of breath, and my entire body ached. I could barley walk. I couldn't move my arms. It was so bad. Luckily, we were close to Shelbyville, so I was able to see my old family doc! Who is awesome! I was put on an antibiotic and started feeling better by Saturday. But we left the campsite on Thursday afternoon after my appt, because I was so sick. My normal milk supply is just now getting back to normal. It almost stopped while I was sick and continued to be really low while I was on the antibiotic, which I just finished a few days ago. I'm glad to be able to continue nursing.

Camping up to that point was awesome though! My favorite moments were the campfires at night, making smores, the morning campfire with just Dan and I while the boys were still sleeping. Our moments at the playground watching the boys play and Dan and I just relaxing and laughing together while they played. We enjoyed a walk together along the creek. We played a lot in the big open fields since the campground wasn't very busy! It was really great, and relaxing! I'm looking forward to camping again this spring.

Dan and I were able to go out for our anniversary as well! Dan's parents watched the boys for us for a few hours while Dan and I headed to downtown Louisville and Southern Indiana to do some shopping and just hanging out. I really loved this quality time with my husband. We talked a lot about youth conferences - trying to do one still, life after Clear Creek (TX perhaps!), a trip to Cali next year, and the boys (of course! what parents can go on a date and NOT talk about the kids?!?!). I love hanging out with my hubby! It was a great way to celebrate our 8th Wedding Anniversary!

In other news... Bryson had a wellness checkup a few weeks ago. At it, he weighed 11 1/2 pounds and was in the 85 percentile. He is already getting so big. Now, at 10 weeks, he is really beginning to "ooh" and "aww" and make squeaking noises A LOT! We love it! He smiles a lot as well. His neck is getting stronger. It won't be long until I can carry him on my hip.

Zachary and Nicholas are still awesome big brothers! They love Bryson so much and love to play, hug and give him kisses! We are so blessed!

I think that's all the updates for now.

Hope you guys have an awesome weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home