Crazy Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1 Hey Guys! Welcome to the blog! This blog is to describe our journey on our crazy leap of faith! Get ready to join the rollercoaster ride, and see how God can take two very ordinary people and completely reshape them and mold them to completely trust in Him in ALL things!

Name:
Location: Pineville, KY

I'm originally from CA, consider my hometown to be Shelbyville, KY but am currently residing in Pineville, KY. I love hanging out with my kiddos and Dan, the city, the ocean, taking hiking trips in the mountains, being around my closest friends, and watching a good chick flick! More than anything though, I love praising and worshiping our Savior Jesus Christ. It is a mystery to me, why He chooses and wants to use me?!?! He is so amazing!

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Some Updates

Hey Guys! What a week it has been. Sorry for the delay in posting, but things have been a bit crazy around here!

Well, last Friday Pineville and Middlesboro got absolutley dumped with snow! The site of all the snow falling brought such happiness to me at first - snowflakes about the size of a dollar coin, they were huge! I left work early on Friday in fear of the mountain roads getting too slick. A 15-20 minute drive took me an hour! It was insane! After making it home in one piece, I started cooking chili for dinner and we all sat down to watch a movie. Just in time for the power to go out! Man, it sure is DARK in the mountains with no lights! Fortuntely from the ice storm that hit Shelbyville last winter, we had an indoor propane heater. We were the only family on Holly Hill with heat. Needless to say, everyone was gone by Saturday afternoon. Out of about 50 families, we were the only family left on Holly Hill by Saturday night. With only enough heat to last through the night and the utility company saying it would be at least Tuesday before the electric was back on, Saturday night we decide to head for Shelbyville. The plan was to leave the kids with Dan's parents and we would come back Sunday night so I could go to work. I so do not like this plan because it would mean that we wouldn't have Christmas in our own home, but the kids would be warm, so we did it. Sunday night we get home, and our power is on! I was so happy, but so upset at the same time. Oh well. We ended up going to another families home on Sunday night for a big grill out (So all the freezer food wouldn't go bad). We had a wonderful time! There was a total of 4 families in the home! We were packed! But it was wonderful fellowship, and it gave me a chance to get to know some more wives on campus.

Sunday was Nicholas' 3rd Birthday!! I can't believe my baby is already 3?!?! They sure grow so fast! It was a good though. We had some cake at Russell and Angela's, and we gave him a little Mickey Mouse Car gift. Although, he did play with the Lightening McQueen candle from his cake, more than his toy!

Monday, Dan and I had our first date night since we have lived here since August. It was a great night! We went to a $2.00 movie and saw Blind Side. Great movie! Afterwards we just walked around the little mall here in Middlesboro and just hung out! It was really a fun time with my hubby!

Today is already Christmas Eve and we will be making our way back up to Shelbyville to be with family and friends!

Can't wait to see you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home