Crazy Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1 Hey Guys! Welcome to the blog! This blog is to describe our journey on our crazy leap of faith! Get ready to join the rollercoaster ride, and see how God can take two very ordinary people and completely reshape them and mold them to completely trust in Him in ALL things!

Name:
Location: Pineville, KY

I'm originally from CA, consider my hometown to be Shelbyville, KY but am currently residing in Pineville, KY. I love hanging out with my kiddos and Dan, the city, the ocean, taking hiking trips in the mountains, being around my closest friends, and watching a good chick flick! More than anything though, I love praising and worshiping our Savior Jesus Christ. It is a mystery to me, why He chooses and wants to use me?!?! He is so amazing!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Life in Pineville

Hey Guys,

Ok sorry again for the long delay in updating this thing. Life is beginning to happen and things are becoming busy. It also doesn't help not having the internet at home yet.

So, I got a job! I was actually really excited about it at first, not so much now though. It will actually become a training management position! (if I stay there) I'm totally stoked about the idea of training again, but this is where I'm working.... McDonalds. yay. It totally sucks! I feel like I'm 17 again, working with a bunch of immature people and in a very gross environment. It's no fun. Even though I may be able to train again, I think I will continue looking for other work.

Here are a few things that I have experienced with working at McDonalds for the past week and a half:
  • I open, so I have to be at work at 4AM! Which means I have a 3AM wake up call. UGH! I thought the 6am drives to E-Town were rough.
  • I've already overslept twice.
  • I've answered the drive thru beep once by saying "Citizens Union Bank, can I help you?"!!!
  • Do you ever pay any attention to the Heath Department Grading signs at any resturants that you eat at? Neither did we, until we moved to Pineville. About 80 - 90% of all resturants are Bs!! Including the McDonalds that I work at! EeEeE....... :/ But get this... the Mexican resturants are all As! WhooHOo!
  • Smoking is allowed in the building, so I come home smelling like smoke every day. YUK!
  • Swollen feet, from being on them all day. (I thought training in heels for 8 hours was tough, I at least got some decent breaks.)
  • I swear more than half of our customers are missing half their teeth! Some will have just one tooth! How attractive! My Uncle Steve was totally right!
  • Excuse my immodesty, but half the women I wait on are bra-less and sagging to their waste. (Uhhh... dress yourselves please!)
  • I've had to seriously learn a new language! Lemon is now Leemn; Seven is now Svn; it's no longer McDonalds but MACDonalds
  • I have seriously seen a truck full of cows come through the drive thru. Totally wish I had my camera for that one!
  • It seems everyone has their tongue pierced. Seriously, picture Grandma. Yep. Tongue pierced.
  • Pierced noses
  • And this little part of your ear that looks extremely painful is also pierced.

  • I think everyone I work with is lost. (Which honestly, scares me that God may keep me at McDonalds to use me. I don't wanna stay there.)
  • There are a whole lot of hurting people. I know in Louisville there are homeless people and stuff, and there are hurting people everywhere. But to actually know them and work with them everyday and hear their stories, I'm telling you, it breaks your heart and makes you realize how blessed you are. I just want to reach out to them. It has definitely stirred a new passion in me.

I do love the view I see everday as I work in drive thru. It is amazingly beautiful to me seeing the fog rise up around the mountains every morning.

Campus life is great! Meeting more people and kinda starting to get connected with some of the other student wives. There are some amazing people here.

We've missed our walks here lately, it's been raining just about everyday for the last week. But the sun is out today finally, so I think when I pick up Zachary from school we'll hit one of the trails again! YAY!

Miss everyone so very much! Love you all!

~Nicole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home