Crazy Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1 Hey Guys! Welcome to the blog! This blog is to describe our journey on our crazy leap of faith! Get ready to join the rollercoaster ride, and see how God can take two very ordinary people and completely reshape them and mold them to completely trust in Him in ALL things!

Name:
Location: Pineville, KY

I'm originally from CA, consider my hometown to be Shelbyville, KY but am currently residing in Pineville, KY. I love hanging out with my kiddos and Dan, the city, the ocean, taking hiking trips in the mountains, being around my closest friends, and watching a good chick flick! More than anything though, I love praising and worshiping our Savior Jesus Christ. It is a mystery to me, why He chooses and wants to use me?!?! He is so amazing!

Monday, October 19, 2009

Miracles Just Happen....

PRAISE GOD!!!!!

I want you all to know that we have an amazing God, who provides in ways that no one else can, who comforts like no other, who gives complete peace even when all around you is crashing down.

People have told me that the honesty that I share in this blog is moving, inspiring, and encouraging. Good. My prayer is that through this blog, God may convict, stir up new passions, call His followers into actions, and face their fears. I will always strive to hold nothing back. To have courage, and boldness, so that people- my family, my friends, the ones I love- will be saved or drawn closer to Him.

This post - I hold nothing back.

We're three months behind on the truck. Receiving numerous phone calls a day from Chrysler wanting their money. Dan has yet been able to find work, and I'm making minimum wage at McDonalds on top of not even working a full 80 hours. Friday night we got a phone call from Dan's brother, Justin - who's renting our house in Shelbyville - and a repo truck was in the drive way there to pick up the truck. Never have we struggled this much financially. Never. In the past, when I would say "We're broke" it meant we couldn't go out to dinner or lunch with friends. (Awe, how I miss those days!) We've never been behind on payments. Late maybe, but never behind.

We knew repo was coming. And believe me, Dan and I have been in constant prayer about it. Wondering...."Maybe this is God's way of lifting some of our financial burden. To just take it away."

But we've also wondered the following as well.... "What if a repo on our records will prevent us for future college scholarships or grants. What if it would hurt us from adopting our little girl from China in six years?"

We didn't know what to think. So then the prayers changed..... "God whatever Your will is, let it be. And give us a heart of acceptance and peace. You know the future. You know if the outcome will hurt us or not. Lord, whatever Your will, let it be done."

I read in 2 Timothy, that "you should be content with the food and clothing that you have." That's it. It didn't say anything about vehicles, or even housing. Just to be content with food and clothing. That brought so much peace to me. So even when all was falling around us, I still had a complete sense of peace.

I am so excited to tell you this next part!!!

Sunday night we recieve a phone call from Gene Mitchell. We've know Gene for several years. He is the head deacon at Beechridge Baptist Church (Mine and Dan's child-hood church).

They took up a love offering for me and dan on Sunday night!!!!!! They collected 1,636.00!!! We needed 1,079.00 to catch the truck up! Tell me God is not amazing!!!!!!

He is so gracious! We in no way deserve this from Him. He just totally provided huge for us! He is so awesome!

It's not easy going through some of these struggles, but I absolutely am falling in love with Him all over again. I love how He is teaching us to fully trust and rely on Him. We would have never needed to learn how to truely rely on Him if we were still in Shelbyville making the money we were. You don't realize how much you need Him until you truely have to rely on Him for EVERYTHING. And it does, it makes you get your first love back. You can't help but praise Him more, worship Him more, and just follow Him more. He is molding and shaping us like never before.

There's a pastor who used to say, "When you feel like you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on!" Man, are we holdin'! He is pushing us, almost to the end, and then when you think all is over, He reaches over and pulls you up before you fall. We're tieing our knots and holding on!

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us."

~Romans 5:1-5

I love these two songs, they have been my praise to Him while I've been here so far.

Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think it’s more than you can take
But you are stronger,
stronger than you know
Don’t you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That’s what faith can do

It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard
Impossible is not a word
It’s just a reason for someone not to try
Everybody’s scared to death
When they decide to take that step Out on the water
It’ll be alright
Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That’s what faith can do

Overcome the odds
You don't have a chance (That’s what faith can do)
When the world says you can’t
It’ll tell you that you can!

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That’s what faith can do That's what faith can do!

Even if you fall sometimes You will have the strength to rise


Before the world was made
before you spoke it to be
You were the King of Kings
yeah you were, yeah you were
And now you’re reigning
stillenthroned above all things
Angels and saints cry out
we join them as we sing

Glory to God,
Glory to God
Glory to God, Forever

Creator God you gave me breath so I could praise
Your great and matchless name
all my days, all my days
So let my whole life be a blazing offering

A life that shouts and sings the greatness of the King

Take my life and let it be
All for you and for your glory
Take my life and let it be yours

All Praise and Glory to our Great God!!! Thank you Jesus!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

GIRL HE'S AN ON-TIME GOD!!!! He never ceases to amaze me!!!

October 21, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home