Crazy Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1 Hey Guys! Welcome to the blog! This blog is to describe our journey on our crazy leap of faith! Get ready to join the rollercoaster ride, and see how God can take two very ordinary people and completely reshape them and mold them to completely trust in Him in ALL things!

Name:
Location: Pineville, KY

I'm originally from CA, consider my hometown to be Shelbyville, KY but am currently residing in Pineville, KY. I love hanging out with my kiddos and Dan, the city, the ocean, taking hiking trips in the mountains, being around my closest friends, and watching a good chick flick! More than anything though, I love praising and worshiping our Savior Jesus Christ. It is a mystery to me, why He chooses and wants to use me?!?! He is so amazing!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

NnNoOoO!!!

Ok, so I've been working on updating some pics on the blog for a good hour now (it takes forever to download the pictures).

I was working on the post "Good Times", my last weekend in Shelbyville with Mary's Personal Shower and the Jeremy Camp Concert. Some how or another, while moving the pictures around, I deleted just about the entire post. Everything about the concert is gone! The songs I posted and everything. I'm so MAD! If anyone can help me retrieve this, that would be great! (Dev, Mickey, any ideas?) Please help!

Anywho, kind of random, but here are some fun, cool pics from the Jeremy Camp concert from August. Enjoy!



Mr Jeremy Camp!



Some fun pics that Hannah took!





:o



The smelly, stincky animals in the barn after the concert... Pewwe!

Some things I remember from the original post:

I remember talking about what a great weekend it was. I think it may have been our last weekend at home, or close to it, before moving to Pineville. That Friday night was Mary's Shower, which was fun, then Sunday was the Jeremy Camp Concert. My closest sisters in Christ; Mary, Lisa, Hannah and myself all went out to Olive Garden for dinner (YUMMO!) ~None of our hubbies are real fond of OG so we all jumped on the opportunity to eat there! Afterwards, it was off to the concert.

I remember a really awesome message that Jeremy Camp spoke, (which I posted in the original post, but now I can't remember exactly what it was about.) I do remember that he was talking about him and his wife just miscarring a child, and how his faith is getting him through it right now.

It was really cool, at the end of the concert, how all of us girls had some time to just talk, and pour into one of our sisters. She had apparently felt some conviction about something, and she came to us with it. It was such an amazing feeling to just pour into her and love on her. It sparked a new passion in me to possibly start up women's retreats or conferences or something! It was just awesome!

I particularly remember really liking two of the songs that he sang:

Walk by Faith

Will I believe you when you say

Your hand will guide my every way

Will I receive the words You say

Every moment of every day

Well I will walk by faith

Even when I cannot see

because this broken road

Prepares Your will for me

Help me to RID my endless fears

You`ve been so faithful for all my years

With the one breath You make me new

Your grace covers all I do

yeah, yeah , yeah, yeah, ya

well i will walk by faith

even when i cannot see

because this broken road

prepares your will for me

Well I`m broken- but I still see Your face

Well You`ve spoken- pouring Your words of grace

Well I will walk by faith

Even when I cannot see

Well because this broken road

Prepares Your will for me (Repeat)

Well I will walk by faith

Even when I cannot see

Well because this broken road

Prepares Your will for me

Hallelujah, hallelu

I will walk by faith, I will walk by faith,

I will walk by faith I will walk by faith,

I will walk by faith,I will walk by faith

I will walk by faith, I will walk by faith,

I will walk by faith I will walk by faith I will walk,

I will walk FaithI will walk, I will walk by faith

I Still Believe

Scattered words and empty thoughts

Seem to pour from my heart

I`ve never felt so torn before

Seems I don`t know where to start

But its now that I feel your grace fall like rain

From every fingertip washing away my pain

I still believe in your faithfulness

I still believe in your truth

I still believe in your holy word

Even when I don`t see,

I still believe

Though the questions still fog up my mind

With promises I still seem to bear

Even when answers slowly unwind

It`s my heart I see you prepare

But its now, that I feel, your grace fall like rain

From every fingertip washing away my pain

I still believe in your faithfulness

I still believe in your truth

I still believe in your holy word

Even when I don`t see, I still believe

Well the only place I can go is into your arms

Where I throw to you my feeble prayers

well in brokenness

I can see that this was your will for me

Help me to know that you are near

I still believe in your faithfulness

I still believe in your truth

I still believe in your holy word

Even when I don`t see, I still believe I still believe

Ohhh, I still believe, I still believe

1 Comments:

Blogger Devon said...

Awwww...I MISS YOUR FACE!!!!!! Seeing these pictures just jolted me back to reality that I don't get to see your sweet smile everyday of the week :(

I've really had you on my mind lately. I got your text Friday, I think(?) and I've been meaning to text you back but thought it might be too long. Anyhow, I've been trying to return a call to a Mrs. Something or Another who was calling in reference to you.? I'm assuming a job reference? I left her a message on Friday so hopefully I'll hear from her tomorrow. Also, I sent a letter of reference to your gmail address and it got sent back to me? Did you get it?

New Hire starts tomorrow...we've got a class of 8. Pretty good size, huh? This will be the first time that we've gotten to use Jeopardy and all of the questions that you constructed. I'm very excited about that.

We've so far completed 3 of 7 Harassment Trainings and they've gone very well so far. You'd be proud, I think, as so much of you is in this training!

I want to talk to you over the phone soon so that we can catch up. I've been keeping up with the blog but I think we're due a real conversation!

I just miss you so! I don't think a day goes by that someone doesn't ask about you, etc. I hope things are going MORE than well and that God is continuing to bless you, as I know He is.

Oh, by the way, the whole entry deletion thing-that happened to me in Europe and was unable to be retrieved. Bummer, I know.

Love,
Devon

October 11, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home