Crazy Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1 Hey Guys! Welcome to the blog! This blog is to describe our journey on our crazy leap of faith! Get ready to join the rollercoaster ride, and see how God can take two very ordinary people and completely reshape them and mold them to completely trust in Him in ALL things!

Name:
Location: Pineville, KY

I'm originally from CA, consider my hometown to be Shelbyville, KY but am currently residing in Pineville, KY. I love hanging out with my kiddos and Dan, the city, the ocean, taking hiking trips in the mountains, being around my closest friends, and watching a good chick flick! More than anything though, I love praising and worshiping our Savior Jesus Christ. It is a mystery to me, why He chooses and wants to use me?!?! He is so amazing!

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Wisdom

Last night I attended a women's ministry event that was so cool. The theme of it was "Churcy Do's and Don'ts". The set up was really cool too. We had five older women, one as old as in her 90's, the others were in their 60's and 70's. These women sat up in front of all us younger women and just shared their wisdom with us. There were questions that varied anywhere from "Should we wear skirts in church?" to "How do you get your children to be respectful in church?"
The wisdom that these women had was just do amazing! I have never seen such Godly wisdom from a woman. Sure from a man (I can name plenty of pastors who have a ton of wisdom), but never from a woman.
The next four years that I'm here, I just want them to pour into me and I just want to soak up their wisdom and godliness. It was so refreshing and just really amazing!

"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."
~Titus 2:3-6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home